UNSUNG heroes from across Wales will be recognised for their contribution to grassroots football at an awards ceremony in Cardiff today.
Current and former Welsh internationals, including record goal scorer Helen Ward and Danny Gabbidon, will be present at the event at Cardiff City Stadium.
It takes place ahead of Wales’ European Championship qualifier against Croatia.
But the focus before the match will be on the dedication and commitment shown by clubs, coaches, players and volunteers from across the country.
The Football Association of Wales’ annual awards, in partnership with McDonald’s, recognise the part grassroots football makes to the health of the national game.
Hundreds of nominations were collected this year ahead of the event. Categories included:
- Volunteer of the Year (The People’s Award)
- Young Volunteer of the Year
- Community Club of the Year
- Community Coach of the Year
- Outstanding Achievement Award
- Grassroots Project of the Year
- Junior League of the Year
- Fun Football Provider of the Year
- Referee of the Year
Further details can be found here.